Parent Governor Election – Arena Academy Local Governing Body (LGB)
We have a vacancy for one parent governors to join the LGB at Arena Academy. Please see the advert below for further details of the parent governor role.
Any parent who would like to apply for the role will need to complete an application form. The application form is available to download below. Please complete all sections of the form and return either via email to [email protected] or hand in a paper copy to the school reception in a sealed envelope, clearly marked as ‘Parent Governor Application’.
The process and timeline for the election of parent governors at Arena Academy is outlined
- Parents are advised of the parent governor vacancies by the school and invited to apply
for the role.
- Applications must be received by 12pm on Friday 10th June
- CORE Education Trust will review all applications and shortlist candidates who can
demonstrate that they have the required skills for the role and in particular who can fill
any gaps in the skills required for the LGB. This may include specific skills such as an
ability to understand data or finances as well as general capabilities such as the capacity
and willingness to learn.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by CORE’s Head of Governance and the Arena
Academy’s LGB Chair of Governors
- Where there are more nominations than vacancies, shortlisted candidates will be put up
for election. If there are more nominations than vacancies ballot papers for the election
will be sent out on Friday 17th June 2022. Ballot papers must be returned to school by
12pm on Friday 24th June 2022.
- All parents are eligible to vote in the parent governor election, parents are able to cast
one vote only. The ballot papers will be counted at the end of the school day on Friday
24th June 2022 at school, and the result of the election will be communicated to parents
by letter on Monday 27th June 2022
Head of Governance, CORE Education Trust