Students are expected to be smart at all times:
- Shirts must be tucked in neatly
- Ties should be worn at a reasonable length to show eight stripes below the knot
- Smart shoes should be worn – no trainers, pumps or boots
- Skirts and trousers must be an appropriate length, colour and fit – not jersey material
- All coats, trainers, hats, and scarves must be removed when entering the school building
- Plain navy blue blazer with an embroidered school badge
- Light blue shirt
- School tie
- Grey V-necked jumper (optional)
- Plain grey trousers/skirt
- Plain black socks (no trainer socks) or opaque black tights
- Plain black school shoes
- Head scarf – Navy blue (optional)
- Navy and light blue collar t-shirt
- Matching shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Navy blue socks
The Academy reserves the right to send home any student whose uniform does not conform to these standards. Branded school items are available from the following suppliers:
Students can wear the following jewellery in school:
- Two pairs of studs, sleepers, or small earrings per ear
- One watch
- One small ring
- One discrete nose stud
Excessive fashion hairstyles are not acceptable. Students are not allowed to have patterns shaved in their hair, or colour their hair with bright colours.
Make-up and Nails
Students can wear make-up, but this must be discreet; heavy make-up should be removed.
Students can paint their nails one colour. However, long nail extensions, nail art or fluorescent nail varnish is not allowed. Those whose nail varnish, or nails, do not conform to these standards will be expected to either cut or remove their nail varnish or extensions.
We expect every student to be prepared for every school day. Please ensure you have the basic items and equipment for every lesson:
- Student Planner
In order to keep books, equipment and PE kit neat and safe, students should have a suitable bag to carry their belongings. We recommend a sturdy backpack, with a secure fastening, which has their name clearly labelled.
Students will be given an exercise book or folder for each subject. If the student loses or willingly damages any equipment provided for them, they will be expected to pay for a replacement.