Inspired by our values of collaboration, opportunity, respect and excellence, Arena Academy is committed to ensuring that pathways to success are as diverse and bespoke as the young people we serve.
Together we strive to find solutions to the challenges of 21st century education to ensure that every member of our academy can perfect the best version of the person they wish to be. Students are encouraged to make Arena a place in which they can secure the outcomes they need to flourish on their chosen pathway to active citizenship. These outcomes include the levels of qualifications to open doors to their post-16 pathways, as well as the attributes, skills, knowledge and experiences they need to be successful in their future career choices. Arena is committed to ensuring that these pathways to success are as diverse and bespoke as the young people that we serve, and that a young person’s background does not disadvantage their journey to excellence
Within their time with us, we are committed to supporting our students as best we can to provide a comprehensive and personalised career and guidance programme. Our aim is to provide an individually tailored guidance and transition service.
- As a school we are committed to raising standards of Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) management and delivery to all.
- Providing a framework for meeting the national statutory guidance and ensuring that the eight Gatsby Benchmarks are embedded across the Academy.
- Improving outcomes for all of our young people and facilitating a successful post-16 transition to further education, apprenticeships and traineeships for all our students.
- Promoting inclusion and equality of opportunities.
- Follow and implement policies and guidelines
- Our students may face a range of different barriers in achieving career success but, as a team of Academy staff, external agencies, parents/carers and each young person, we strive to do our best to prepare every student for the world of work and life in modern Britain and the global marketplace.
High quality careers guidance is a crucial part of improving social mobility. Young people make choices based on what they know and what they think is available to them. If our young people are made fully aware of a wide range of career pathways and opportunities available, they will be more able to make informed choices about which qualifications and career pathways will enable them to achieve their goals.
Arena Academy is fully committed to ensuring that all of our students acquire the attitudes, skills and knowledge that are essential to them in supporting the management of their learning, career progression and ultimately in successful future employment.
Our Careers policy and Provider Access policy statement (Baker Clause) can be found below.
Arena Academy believes that every student should be given equal, meaningful opportunities to experience a range of interventions to support their future decisions.
For more information about Careers , please contact Mrs Kilroy (Assistant Headteacher – Personal Development): [email protected]